View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #1157
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

After saying our good byes, I headed to the first gas station, having done 160 miles or 260km exactly, at the national speed limit, tonneau cover in place, unloaded, I was interested in seeing what consumption the 4.3 liter V6 would return.

Filled up to the neck as before leaving home.

Expensive fuel.

The return trip was nonstop rain, some idiots on the road, you know, the usual suspects.

Pulled off at J10 of the M25 to make a detour to pick up Kyle at his girlfriends house, then joined the M25 at J9 and carried on home.

The biggest bummer on the trip was the passenger wiper rubber (they were replaced before Christmas last year) disintegrated partially in the rain on the motorway, leaving a nasty gouge on the screen.
I did bend the tip up at one point when I was able to stop safely, but it was too late already.
I am not sure if I can have it repaired or buffed back professionally.
Any advice appreciated.

By 15.10 we stopped outside my place.

Safe load, and made back in one piece.

The truck was an absolute pleasure to drive, except for the bloody wiper blade.

After we got Kyle sorted, he headed off to find fuel, and then headed back to Bath by midnight, by way of his,girlfriend.

Reporting back that the Micra performed faultlessly.

Good news indeed.

I pulled the truck back into my back yard for the night.

Today I went to fill it again, to,the brim.

Same distance and almost the same consumption.

So,themload and lack of aerodynamics seem to make little differnce to its performance.

It certainly carried the load with absolute ease.

Am I happy with the truck and its performance?

Well, yes and no.

No, mainly because I just do not use it enough. Done less than 2000 miles in two years.

That is wasteful.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote