Thread: 55.2-59 Ol' Blue
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 02:07 PM   #20
daveshilling

Re: Ol' Blue

You have experience with the Camaro/Firebird clips, and they're quite popular for Task Force... great turning radius too. Any reason you're shying away from doing another Camaro clip? They are WELL documented, procedurally.

Personally, I like the C4 Corvette IFS setup from Flatout Engineering. The 80's corvettes had undeniably excellent suspension geometry, superior to a Mustang II. Aluminum arms, great brakes, power steering, and its all GM. If you want 15" wheels with no hassle, gotta stay '84-87 Corvette parts, though. Later years had bigger brakes.

I think No Limit also has a cool IFS, admittedly with some quirks and a premium price, but its a track-tested suspension setup that's designed for handling well and adjustability. They use some off-the shelf GM parts to make replacing ball joints and such an easy exercise...although I think they produce their own spindle nowadays. The owner of No Limit has frequented this board many times as well and is very generous with advice and education about suspension geometry and handling.

That being said, not many folks on here are taking hard and fast corners and would even put a Mustang II through its paces, I imagine. Any of these options, sourced from a reputable company and installed properly will be fine for cruising to Cars and Coffee, and letting you put your foot in it for 5 seconds in a straight line, which I bet is the majority of what folks do to have fun in their trucks.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote