View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 09:33 AM   #1025
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Being the restless sleeper I am, I heard the rain coming down all night, in varying degrees of intensity.

Sunday morning by 6.00am Fil and I were sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee/tea while Craig was up at the shop, already cutting, sawing, banging……

So we went to join him, but it was wet, and all we could do was move stuff about, clean up and prepare for felting the roof later.

By 10.00 we had had breakfast, in an effort to give the rain a chance to move on, and by 11.30 Fil and Nicky left for Cambridge as it had become obvious the rain was not going to stop.

Craig, Kyle and I went back and they started to strip off some of the old felt that had not come off with the disassembly….. hard work, hampered by the rain not allowing the blowtorch to heat the tar sufficiently.

I removed nails and inspected the rooftop in the mean time, waiting for the rain to go……

Eventually after a coffee and goodbyes at 12.30 we called it a day, and no felting had been done.

I headed home and Sally had promised to cook sweet n sour pork on noodles

Road conditions dried out an hour from Craigs and by the time I got home, it was sunny and 29’C

Bonnie was happy to see me too.

LAST VIDEO.

VIEW FROM THE TOP.

https://youtu.be/AVo31ICWZVg

And a final word from Fil.

Time To Sleep is directly proportional to the volume of Jack Daniels Cinnamon consumed - an experiment that was repeated to prove it wasn't just a co-incidence the first time!

It really was a great weekend and a wonderful sense of achievement when we got that last panel in.

I remember clearly when taking those roof panels down how glad I was that I wasn't going to be one of the poor sods who had to put them back up again

With Craig's thoughtful planning and having the original team who understood how the whole thing needed to be stitched back together the job was actually a lot easier than I'd feared.

As ever Craig & Lorraine's hospitality was second to none and Kyle is always a pleasure to work with. Rian, well, I don't have to say that it's always great to catch up with you and I love those little things like us living a couple of hours away from each other but meeting up four hours away for you to deliver my latest new tool! You managed to bring two different snacks which I haven't had since my childhood was also one of those quirks of fate that add an intangible and unmeasurable grin factor to what was a great couple of days.

The enjoyment to effort ratio was heavily skewed in favour of enjoyment for me.

The felting would really have been the icing on the cake, but it was not to be. We got the important work done that Craig simply could not have done without a couple of extra people and that's what counts.

The only negative was that the exact same journey cost me nearly exactly £30 more in fuel than it had 9 months ago - but there's nothing we could do about that.

I didn't partake of the Jack Daniels but don't mind admitting that I found myself nodding off on the sofa yesterday afternoon. Exercise and fresh air is great for that. Slept until about 7 this morning which is a good couple of hours later than normal for me.

We must do it again soon

Weekend over.

Tested the new “Fit them after MOT pass” lights for their DRL connection last night.

Certainly brighter than the pics show.

Pretty silly, but pleased regardless.

Some stuff must be done.

Also bought some fresh clear 5mm pipe and a T Connector for the windscreen washer.

Removed the reservoir and spent 30 minutes cleaning the very manky inside with brushes, some sand and water.

Looked better.

Reassembled, connected and added some pink Cherry fragrance screen wash.

Silly for,sure, but the only colour under the hood at this point.

Concentrate diluted at 25% and pump tested…… pass.

One more small change I wanted was to remove and replace the standard hooter/horn with something a touch more loud and “Wake The F#@£ Up” as a horn should only be used in emergency, at which point I have no intention of tickling anyone, rather a full punch in the ribs.

Other jobs to addressed this week, as and when I can get to it is lift the rear, try get to the fuel pump plug and wiring, or else drop the fuel tank, thankfully still empty, but no lightweight.
Also connect up the tow hitch trailer wiring plug and bleed the clutch now that Nicks lever is fitted.

More jobs to get to, obviously.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote