View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 02:30 AM   #6561
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Astro Love.

I am quite ruthless (if there really is such a thing) about the cars that are on my drive

Anything is for sale or possibly even for trade if the trade item suits my quirky needs.

@Marm Toastsmith is looking for something interesting that can be applied in multiple ways.

The Astro would suit his needs in so very many ways and possibly even the value I associate with it.

But I realised (tbh I know) that I was not yet ready to see it burble off into the sunset.

After having mate John sort out replacing the radio that was fitted to it when I bought it, along with the new dash I managed to find in Arkansas, and knowing there’s a few more maintenance type jobs to get it up to the next level of ownership, I decided that I was not ready to see it off. Maybe I never will be.

I have maintained for years that if you don’t look back at your car when you walk away and smile, you have bought the wrong car.

This Astro is really weird.

Until I sell the Rezin Rockit, it has to live outside my kitchen window, then it will move into the carport. It deserves that treatment.

BUT……. I honestly find myself looking at it from indoors or when walking in from the garage, that it always makes me smile.

Back to the reason for this long write up

This week I was using the van to donPost office runs, not the cheapest way to save money, and to go food shopping

Stopping at the post office I realised again that unless someone really needs this car a lot of queens faces more than me, ir may be stuck here for a while

This view really makes me happy

Yesterday I was busy working in the garage, still clearing up and finding stuff that was shoved into boxes, onto shelves etc the last 7 years.
Rediscovered my Big Foot gas pedals that Andy in Oklahoma had made for me.

And so I went to see if I could find a way to fit one into the van.
It does kinda make the van’s residency more permanent here.

Looks like a fit.

And so a bit of etch primer.

Followed by masking around the edges

And some Chevy Engine block high heat orange followed by clear lacquer.

Later today I will get back to it and polish and sand back all the proud surfaces and then drill and tap some holes in the rear for some mounting holes and brackets.

​​​​​​​In the meantime I’ll get to a frw other jobs as well.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote