View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 05:03 AM   #6566
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Progress.

What does it look like.

Sometimes you really have to look.

This current phase of trying to get back onto the C10 build started around the 20th of February.

So I make it four weeks of work and brainstorming.

Now keep in mind, none of you have a clue of what junk I have and just how chaotic my stuff may be. Hidden in so many places, sheds, the house etc. So despite the progress seemingly being tortuous and slow, it is progress, more so than if I were watching long Netflix episodes.

And as my mentor (bollocks me gently if I screw up) and friend Fil says, it’s a lot like going to the gym. You know you should but you don’t So when you start, it is slow, but you keep going and start to reap the rewards. Of course as another wise man said “Touch it, Feel it, See it. Move it, That is Progress”

So Wednesday Night I was on a roll came in, had some dinner and saw Sally who popped in for dinner, for an hour then went back to the garage and carried on till 9.15pm Not happened for a very long time

I managed to get this far

George was down there the whole time
He says nothing, doesn’t judge me, but I suspect that if I died or got mortally injured, he has his knife and fork ready, along with a bottle of hot sauce

At about 8.30 I came in to grab a glass of Pepsi Max. Walking back the view made me smile again.

There has been Progress here

Then came in by 9.30 to shower, thought screw it, watched an hour or so of YouTube videos and got to bed

Lying in bed, I ran through the last four weeks and thought about how much better I feel about this . And of course I made some cash out of the clutter

Life is good
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote