View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #74
KIILew

Re: Intro from an old Assembly Plant guy

I have been away from this forum for ages, so I decided to come back for a visit...and this is the post I find!!

Unbelievable!!!

Awesome to read everything you have written, Keith...and it is fantastic to meet you online! That goes for the other "industry guys" who chimed in, too!

I will be thinking of and gathering together all of the various assembly questions I have always wanted to ask, LOL.

Welcome! And keep us posted about your truck's progress!

Ken Lewis

P.S. I enjoyed your commentary on the two-tone paint applications. I have a 1974 GMC C1500 Sierra which still wears (barely) its original Deluxe two-tone rosedale red and frost white paint job. Over the last 30+ years, I have watched the red primary color fade away, and I long ago concluded that the base coat color was the secondary frost white. Thanks for confirming my suspicion! I also find it interesting that on both this truck and my '79 Big 10 (also with the Deluxe two-tone), the sliver of sheetmetal just under the rear window and above the cab-back applique is painted the primary color. Barely noticeable, because the area is so small, but I always have wondered why this was so. (As I reside in Washington state, these two trucks hail not from Flint, but from Fremont, CA.)
KIILew is offline   Reply With Quote