View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 02:14 AM   #9
Richard

Re: 6" LIFT KIT OPTIONS "OFF ROAD DESIGN" Vs SKYJACKER

A shackle flip will move the axle forward. Rear axle is already forward on these trucks. Does not help that. Believe the number one reason it is popular is- cheap 4" lift. Many use it to swap in junk yard 63"-64" Chevy springs. Cheap way to improve articulation and add lift. Shackle angle affects spring rate and how the spring sets, ie front low or level, affects the roll center, squat under power and axle wrap. lots of info online. If you are interested I suggest doing some research. The extended front shock mounts offered by ORD allow you to mount a shock in a vertical position on the front axle to give a 1to1 axle/shock movement. A longer shock is required as the more a shock is angled the less it moves compared to the wheels. Hope this helps. Edit- ORD makes a quality product. I have 7 boxes full of stuff from them in transit right now. Looking at my build thread you should know my opinion on tank relocation. I have rolled a 72, ended up on it's lid. Gas leaking in cab. Never again.

Last edited by Richard; 05-30-2021 at 02:32 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote