View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #22
bowtie72

Re: 6" LIFT KIT OPTIONS "OFF ROAD DESIGN" Vs SKYJACKER

For what it is worth. I have used ORD’s shackle flip on a couple of blazers, not trucks. The front shackles and greaseable bushings. This kit really works well driving down the road. Rides great. I could run 80 on 35s and drive like a new car. Nice and tight and not wondering or pulling in the wore down roads. With their front springs and shackle flip you end up with more than a 4” lift. Closer to 6”. I didn’t measure because I didn’t care. I know you don’t want the shackle flip. He is right about the spring hitting the bed. The arch on the springs and stock shackle will hit.As far as moving the axle forward you can but the offset plate to correct this. I know you want what you want. Go buy the other springs and be done. The rear end of a truck is light and will be a very rough ride with any lifted spring. Gear ratio I would run 3:73 and 35s. If highway driving is more of what your doing. I put a 350 Tbi in my blazer years ago before ls swaps it was a great combo. I’ll find a pic of my blazer.
Attached Images