Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #79
Johns 66

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
Thanks John, Been questioning the whole idea of trying to fix this rust bucket from the get go but then I see your build and others and realize we need to save these ol' trucks or they will be gone forever.

BTW I picked up the seat from the upholstery shop... They confirmed what I was thinking. The panel on the seat back was made too short. (reason for the small tear when I tried to be an upholsterer) Should have just had them make one from scratch. Lesson learned. most of these companies that supply us with restoration parts are made over seas and have very little quality control
I completely understand. I was so disheartened when I found the rust on mine...I thought I had checked well enough but alas Swiss Cheese for me. In some ways you feel deceived by the PO....I thought I had bought a quality predominately rust free truck..WRONGO………

Just like when I had to have the motor rebuilt because the PO rigged it and broke a main bolt...luckily it didn't sling a rod.

BUT the good news...or at least the way I justified it to myself is that it will be done right now and I wont have to worry about it and will be able to enjoy it for many miles and since Im 50.....itll last till Im gone.

But as your correctly stated...they aint making any more of these and many folks get into these trucks and find the issues and just get rid of them...they put lipstick on a pig just to get it gone which is why you see a lot of them for sale by people who " have too many projects, don't have time ( or MONEY)" or those who just get discourage by what they see.

Your truck is coming along great and what you have done looks awesome....just try not to get discouraged and think of the time you will enjoy when she is done....Ok Dr Phil lesson is over ,,,LOL

Seriously you have a great truck with a few flaws that you are gonna get worked out.
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote