View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 01:32 PM   #78
Beach-Burban

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Sorry for my absence…I’ve been focusing on helping my daughter acquire her first home in Tennessee and in doing so, I’ve donated my “Suburban Fund” in full! I will only be working on non-cost (or low-cost) items for a while until my account builds itself back up some! I’ve identified a probable source for my “tuning issues” regarding the EFI conversion…fuel tank venting, which will require more than just changing the filler cap so I’m going to put that on the back burner a little bit longer.

I do have a sore spot I’d like to address and luckily, I purchased most everything I’ll need to put it back together a while ago. The view from the rear looks like the window is shattered, caused by the ancient “spray-on” window tint that has baked over the decades. It won’t come off with conventional processes, so I’ve removed the window to see what else I can try? Not shown in these pictures is that I have also removed the rear hatch from the hinges to address the rust around the window flange. I’ll post a follow-up as things progress.

Woody

This picture doesn’t come close to showing how bad it really looks!
Name:  IMG_4239.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  33.6 KB

The rubber retaining bead was so brittle that it came out in little pieces!
Name:  IMG_4242.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  27.9 KB

After cutting off the outer lip, the window was easily removed and the rubber seal was unexpectedly very flexible!
Name:  IMG_4246.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  28.1 KB

The view looks better already!
Name:  IMG_4247.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  35.7 KB

The lip will require some extra attention, but I’ve seen others with far worse rot!
Name:  IMG_4248.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  16.9 KB
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote