View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 PM   #27
bluesfella

Re: Intro and the longest build thread you'll ever see.

Got a little work done this week. My daughter was born on Monday (woohoo!), so things have been pretty crazy around here, but I did get some sheet metal removed from the donor truck:

How it sits at the moment. I'm really amazed at how much of this truck is in great shape. I haven't had to cut off a single bolt so far (but I have come close). I just use some aero-kroil (similar to PB Blaster) on each nut/bolt a few minutes before trying to loosen them, and so far, everything has come apart pretty easily.

Driver's side finder, one small repair in the corner:

Passenger fender, same deal:

The front headlight panel is in great shape:

Pretty good tailgate, too:

Check out the electric fan attached to the radiator!

In various boxes in the cab, I found a Rochester Quadrajet, an older Holley carb, and this '68 cast iron intake:

I haven't been able to figure out what it's off of, the numbers don't match any lists I can find from that year. Anyone know of a good place to figure that out?

That's "819803"...doesn't show up on any list I've found so far. The date stamped is '68, though.

Anyway, the plan for this weekend is to pull the truck into the garage, remove the rest of the front sheetmetal and bed, and start patching the few rusty bits on the cab. I can't wait to work on this thing in the garage, and NOT the side yard...I need my air tools, and plenty of light!

Thanks for looking.