View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Mr.Chevy4x4

Re: Craigslist find...the Holy Grail of squares - NOT MINE

Define "don't look right". I've seen plenty that I know were factory that weren't as straight as those. Quality control wasn't nearly what it is today. I remember looking at a new 1986 Camaro that had body gaps that any car enthusiast would be embarrassed by.

It's right down the road from me, and I'd be happy to go look at it if someone were interested. I'd be willing to bet good money that the cab corners are original based on the frame, under body, and door bottom pictures.

I recently bought an '86 that lived it's entire life less than 5 miles from that one. It wasn't nearly as well taken care of as that truck obviously has been, and it only had spots the size of a dime in each cab corner. The rest of the truck has ZERO rot.

As far as the rarity of the truck, I've owned more squares than I care to admit. I've only ever seen 2 1987 short bed step side 4x4's with factory SM465 and Silverado package. I owned one and never should have sold it. I've seen more factory big block short bed trucks than I could shake a stick at. Like you said different strokes, but I don"t think anyone could argue the rarity of the options.

MIke

Last edited by Mr.Chevy4x4; 08-13-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Mr.Chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote