View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 10:09 AM   #765
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Vic, you've built another spectacular car. Be sure to post up any pictures that you have from getting it out and about, cruise-ins, whatever. Always cool to see a car in its natural habitat. I'm very intrigued with your new projects. That Fairlane looks cool as it sits, and that Grand National is in beautiful shape and looks sinister at the same time. I've always been enamored of those Buicks. Faster than the Corvette in 1987. Don't hesitate to do a thread on that, even if you are just putting it back together. I was thinking about those recently and how they pioneered turbos before the tunability of OBD2. Also, on the electric subject, here's a thread by one of our own members who is doing an electric powered truck. Good luck, and keep us posted!

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=826089
Thanks! It's nice to have projects to work on. The GN has all new steering and rebuilt suspension under the front now. Drives like a new car. We took it to its first cruise-in last Saturday and parked next to Chip's 67 GMC. There was an all-Ford show on Sunday at a local dealership, but it was really hot and I have the Fairlane crammed all the way against the wall in the garage to give Kathy some extra room for her car, so we skipped the show. Maybe next year. I'll have to keep an eye on the electric conversion. Always interested to see what the early adopters run into.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote