View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 08:35 PM   #30
SCOTI

Re: How low can you go ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
The setup I had on Goldilocks' build (stock crossmember raised 1.5", 1" narrowed PB tubular arms, .500" taller upper ball joints, and CPP Modular drop spindles) had more camber gain per inch of travel than No Limit's WideRide front end. Depending on how much body roll you have that could be a good thing or a bad thing. I like softer/more compliant suspension that absorbs mid corner bumps and curbing so having more camber gain to add more camber as the body rolls is a good thing- you can run less static camber. Stock camber gain is .86* per inch inch of travel, No Limit is 1.56*, my setup was 1.61*. The PB arms corrected the lack of caster and the No Limit rack & pinion corrected bump steer. The factory crossmember already has about 10* of antidive built in so that's good as-is. Now, if you like stiff suspension and no body roll because everyone thinks that's what makes something handle good... you don't really need geometry anyway, just throw some static camber at it.

The factory geometry with a few tweaks, plus an appropriate spring rate and good shock valving can be really good, and plenty good enough for autocross if you're not trying to be top level competitive.
I'm betting unless one has done the 'driver mod' (actually attended a driving school), the modded C10 set-up is more than enough for said driver.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote