View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:04 PM   #74
Kootenay64

Re: Random pictures you took of your K

Picked it up off of a farmer northern Alberta about 800 km North of where I live in March of last year. When I got it home it leaked almost every fluid, leaked engine oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant. Got all the leaks repaired, mostly just loose fasteners. Far as I can tell it’s mostly original, odometer rolled over just after I bought it, no serious rust issues just surface rust on lower body panels.
The box is fairly beaten and shows obvious years of work on the farm, the floor needs to be replaced, and I’d like to get box repainted back to original ochre.

Plan to keep it as original as practically possible. So far I’ve had front end work done and just had single exhaust removed and dual with headers installed. This was a good upgrade that provided noticeable power gain and bit better fuel economy. Also removed the seat to clean cab as it was really friggin dirty! Installed jute floor insulation while seat was out to reduce some road and engine noise.

Planning to remove motor and rebuild / refresh the fall and winter, possibly add a RV cam while I’m at it thinking it’ll go well with the headers and dual exhaust. Future plan to strip and do a repaint to original white / ochre / white as it rolled out of the factory.

I’ve had a chance to drive it in a lot of conditions, sometimes my daily driver to work. A blast in deep snow, total beast! Just love driving it though, there not many 67-72 where I live so it’s a rarity here for sure.

If anyone has must do, non negotiable upgrades that have proven worth time and resources I’d love to hear them!

Cheers!

Roy
Attached Images