View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #35
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

I'm using Porterbuilts Dropped Truck Arms on this truck.

The shock mounts w/the PB truck arms accomodate a standard GM shock stud. I measured off of the C/L of the lower stud to calculate some rough numbers for shock length/travel. I needed a rear shock that was approx 17" @ ride height.

I tried some G-body shocks I had stashed away (I have a Malibu too) & realized the shocks were pretty close to ideal if mounted flush w/the top of the OE truck shock c.member. The drawback was the upper mounting configuration was different.

The different/fabricated upper shock plate for the c.member allows me to use the A/G body rear shocks (they measure 21" extended; 13" compressed) & put the shock length about dead middle of its range @ my anticipated ride height.

My truck has just over 3" of compression before bottoming out on the c-notches so that will prevent the shocks from bottoming out & I've calculated max extension @ no more than 3" as well so these should work very well. The mounted shock angle is approx 57°....
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 01-20-2010 at 03:20 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote