View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 11:07 PM   #74
LT7A

Re: The more I learn...the more puzzled I become!

Hey, I found this from being over on the WMB thread. Looks like we're missing out on a lot that must have happened over the past few years. I started writing what follows below, and then looked at the date and realized how long it's been. So what I have to say below might not be relevant, but I will put it here anyway:

I'm not one to drop the "L" word, but I love seeing a rig bring a family together like this. That sunny yellow and, yes, even the surfboards ; ) That picture of all of the pretty, smiling ladies in it is priceless. You are doing all of the right things to be able to enjoy it - even if you have to order things like the rear springs twice. I probably would have first tried the variable rate ones too. There's a good chance you can advertise them here and somebody with a smallblock, 2 rows, and less than 10,000 gallons of gas will be glad to have them.

If I may offer some advice... Your Suburban looks great even with a couple rough spots on the exterior. The paint shows well and you can get rust fixed and paint spotted in. You can get paint code spray cans from these guys and spruce up the interior a bit if you want:
https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

I just think that you could lose a year or even two of having your Suburban in somebody's paint shop. And losing even one summer of being able to drive around with your grandkids would seem like too much. Maybe you can do some spot touch up and wait to get the full repaint done later. None of my business, but sharing that rig with your family seems the very best way to use it in my perspective.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote