View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #582
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Woo hoo!!! Sounds like you'll be driving it soon!
Rainy weather has us in a holding pattern, Dale. Thought we might get a couple of days come this Monday and Tuesday, but the closer we get the crappier the forecast.

I went down to HRE today and spent the morning putting a radius on the edges of the holes feeding the idle air control. There was one hole with a big burr on it from the machining process that was tough to reach but I got it. From what I've read, smoothing those edges can reduce the whistle in the IAC significantly. The car was covered up and right in the middle of the shop, so I was reluctant to start it up and see if it made a difference.

There's a drilled hole that has me wondering though. Most aftermarket throttle bodies have a tube pressed into the TB that intersects the smaller hole located in front of the throttle blade. It would appear the tube is meant to be a vent for crankcase ventilation. However, mine is plugged with a pipe plug. Which means as air flows over the opening, it's like blowing across the top of a test tube. And we all know what kind of noise that makes. I went ahead and put a radius around the edge of that hole, but I'm thinking I may need to seal it off entirely.

I ended up with a few small places where the Dremel tool skated on me a little, but nothing serious. It's a bit nerve wracking, though.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote