View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 05:57 AM   #1457
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchevy58 View Post
Started fence on new property.
By that picture I get the impression you have quite a bit to get in. Or are you just doing the road frontage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
New service at the rental property. Electrician was going to postpone as his bucket truck fried the motor(Ford)but I said I’ll rent a boom and just take it off the bill he was fine with that
Looks like a 35 footer. I had to do a weekly rental for a job, Monday morning to Monday morning. Made the job go great, got done with the lift on Friday, took it home, and over the weekend took down a maple tree I wanted gone. That was a good week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Central Hudson never showed up to change from the pole to the house and put in the new meter. So now it juiced up but no meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Free electrons!

Sorry, physics joke.
We used to sometimes show up at a new construction job (for siding) and power was run to the meter but no meter set yet. Old Crazy Dave (also known as Davey Crockett to some) my boss would go grab jumper cables and we were cuttin' with free electrons. He liked those jumper cables. Rainy muddy job site where the cutter has to use radial arm saw while standing in a puddle (aluminum siding)? No problem, Dave would drive a crow bar into the ground and hook the cables up to the saw to ground.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote