View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 04:24 AM   #1230
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Sunday was a slow day, a few small jobs on this build and some other stuff that needed dealing with and filming for the YouTube Channel.

First job was to replace the one Riv-Nut in the screen holding the wiper motor in place, and then setting the sweep so both are symmetrical in their action.

Few minutes to undo and remove, and refit a fresh one.

Need to look carefully on the screen for the final setting…….

Next up was the engine, and to be honest……

After starting it up, it died twice before settling into an even idle at 900rpm

I will call that good for now.

So I drove up and down to the farm a few times, including taking Mickey for a ride. He is like a dog, loves to be part of everything and does like a car.

He gave it the stamp of approval and told me not to go onto the main public road till the car is fully insured (wise words from a drink-driver). I soooo wanted to do a few miles, but the short 1km farm road will have to do as a test for now.

Pleased with the engine settling down I thought it was a good time to wash the car, clean the dusty engine bay and interior.

Does look so much better all cleaned up.

Interior…….

I think it looks good enough for what it is.

Engine bay and engine wiped down a bit as well.

I have a busy work week ahead, but will try find some time to see if I can get a one day insurance policy, like I did with the Scruffy Micra.

Once insurance is sorted, book an MOT for hopefully next Saturday afternoon, and weather permitting (some snow is forecast) we can try get it through an MOT test.

My fingers will be crossed, but really, everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for checking in as always.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote