Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #25
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Well it has been a few days since last update. not much happening here as we are anxiously awaiting a few parts to be delivered. Here is customer service for you. So I order some under hood wiring rather than re-wire myself I thought for the cost and time it makes way more sense to just order a new engine harness with the HEI distributor included. So I order one and they ship it a week later. No big deal I know it takes awhile to ship items that are in stock and on the shelf. SMH..... 4 days later I open the box and they have not only sent the wrong wiring harness its for tail lights and fits a 67-72.. Im like WTH..?? So I call and the guy says are you sure because it sounds like you might not realize the parts you have are correct. Once again I am like WTH?? I said they are wrong and the part numbers don't match with whats on the order. So he says we are gonna need a picture and proof it is wrong.. Never heard of this before but I agree and take pics send them to the e mail he tells me and wait...……………………………. Two days later I call again and say hey whats the status of my order. He says its under review... Again.. WTH..?? I ask whats to be reviewed you sent the wrong part?? now when will the new one get here and include a return label so you can have this other piece back that is useless to me.. he says sorry but we will need the part back first then we will need to inspect it and then we can credit your account and you can order again..... Now its WTF...?? He says yea well we have had people screw us over in the past.. Being a mild mannered person I went into the explanation that the only reason this happens is because you as a company pull the wrong parts and ship them. Fix the root of the problem and get it through your head that you need to make up for your mistake not the other way around.. sorry sir but we are gonna need the part back here before we do anything about a replacement.. No problem I will send it right out and you can cancel the order asap I will spend my money where they can put the right parts in a box and ship them.... To say the least I cancel over $500 dollars worth of parts and now have re-ordered from other vendors.. I have gotten better service at Mcdonalds where they can put the right burger in a bag.. On a happier note I have decided to tackle a few other little projects in the build that were not scheduled as we have a little added time due to a vendors shipping issues. Going to tackle the dents in the front bumper and grill to help the ol' girls smile. Also decided it would make sense to strip the bottom side of the hood and all the associated hardware including the hood hinges and re-paint them all. I also decided to just re-do the turn indicator harness myself to save another headache. LOL More pics coming

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote