View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 08:32 AM   #44
KevinK7

Re: '68 C20 396 4sp Utility ...resurrection :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
I'm posting here to allow others to visit this thread, which is sooo cool!!!
The Ash Gold color doesn't look too far off from the Anniversary Gold (since you have a anniversary 68 You will know for sure). The anniversary color is a dull gold color, and doesn't get any better looking with age.

Where did you get your carpet? I'm sure you had to cut the shifter hole?

My htought on anything needing attention in future might be the valve guide seals. WHen my 396 was together and running, they were part of the oil problem...

Thanks again!!!
Jeff

Jeff,
Thanks again for the comments.

I ordered the carpet from StockInteriors.com. When I was looking into it, I was 'price comparing' with ACC (Reference image below). I ordered the 80/20 LOOP, High Hump, with Mass Backing (sort of like jute padding on the backside) and indeed DID need to cut for the shifter.

The '68 'Anniversary Gold' is more gold than "Ash Gold". Being a Camaro guy, I've seen a number of '68's in Ash Gold and it's more greenish. Over time, as with the Utility truck, the green seems to fade more towards gold.
I need to grab a pic of the new tailgate since there are areas on the utility body that were covered by the lift gate brackets, it's a close match.

As for the valve guides, there is a tad bit of smoke when I start it, so the seals are probably due for replacement .

Kevin