Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:29 PM   #255
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

made another batch of these adapters, have 2 left

Includes plate, bulkhead connector, 2 screws to hold down bulkhead connector, all mating electrical connectors, terminals and seals for plus one extra of each terminal in case of mis-crimp. metri-pack 150 terminals max out at 14a, the 280 goes up to 30a - which is the purpose of doing these. So just offering the remaining up.

would be the end result. works great for using the flexible correlated fuel line in e-85 situations where you cant / shouldn't run rubber line

80$ plus shipping

an another note, finally got around to installing the Jeep Wrangler, not the Cherokee steering shaft

One page said they are the same but longer. Whats strange is they are cheaper by about 40$. Decided to give it a try. picked one up on ebay. The shaft is about 2x as long as stock.
Used a cut off wheel to cut off the peened edge so the shaft can separate. and it was that easy to separate. There is a machined flat spot on one of the flat spot on the shaft towards the end and a flat spring and spacer to take up any slack? I didn't reuse it, but plan to. I'll get a picture of that tomorrow

tapped it onto the steering gear box, about as much force as it took to get the old one off lol. On the column, the forums say you need to grind in a notch to allow the bolt to pass through. mine didnt, it also fit right on, tightened up and fits like it should. now it can vibrate off possibly, so I will be drilling a hole (similar to the stock shaft) and either tapping the hole and use 2 button head screws or just run a bolt and nut through it like stock.

overall, it fits great, updated look, no slop in this unit, not sure if the stock shaft was wore out, but it was original and inexpensive. Just sharing

clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress

Last edited by 87chevy.com; 02-16-2020 at 12:17 AM.
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote