View Single Post
Old 01-01-2024, 05:45 PM   #66
nsiti

Re: 1972 Suburban 4X4 3/4 Ton K20 "The Beast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
awesome job you are doing . what are the wheels on the beast ? i'm trying to make up my mind on wheels for my 69 3/4 ton 4x4- i have a set of oe 16.5 x 8.25 steel wheels but tires are expensive and hard to find, i have a set of 16 x 7 ford e-350 wheels and a set of old 16 x 8 white spoke wheels but i'm not real sure about any of them. my poor old suburban has been sitting about 8 or 9 years since i installed a rebuilt motor, 4 speed trans, 205 t-case, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 hd front, 4 inch all spring lift rear spring hangers off a 72, changed the entire dash, etc. but a major back operation a double knee replacement has kicked my ass. i've started slowly getting back into it and now i can't find all the parts i took off to do the inside--yeah i have a lot of crap around here, been looking for the steering column for weeks now and can't find it, LOL.
Hi Jerry and thanks for your nice feedback.

Regarding the wheels, here are the specs:

Wheels Detroit Steel Wheel Co. Delray $315.00 X4= $1,260.00 18" x 9" (8x6.5") 4.5" backspace (you can customize the specs depending on which tire you want).

I had them powder coated in metallic silver which I figured would go with the dark olive metallic body paint I'm going to go with.

Tires Mickey Thomson Baja Boss AT $350.00 X4= $1,400.00 LT295/70R18

I chose these tires because they were the narrowest I could find in this size, while being newly engineered hybrid all terrains that are 3 peak snow rated.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your build, which sounds great. I hope you persevere!

Regards,
Nick
nsiti is offline   Reply With Quote