View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 04:45 AM   #6472
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

What a surprise the weekend was.

Real chilly weather, so much so that we didn’t do a thing except vegetate.

Saturday morning dawned at -5.5’C yes minus.

It was bone chilling and despite going out to Craigs stables and workshops for an hour, the cold was too much to actually do anything fun.
So we headed back indoors and got the Christmas tree and stuff down from the loft for Daughter Elli to decorate.
Craigs wife was preparing for massage therapy exams so we watched some YouTube videos on car and house building.

Sunday morning

Not a lot done either.

Felt weird but sometimes its not a bad thing.

Monday morning I headed out back to Kent as soon as Craig got back from the school run.

Satnav was out by 30 minutes as usual due to traffic and a coffee stop.

Overpriced Starbucks coffee and a pee just over halfway back.

Home by 13.00

House looked like a couple of teenagers had been let loose (not really that badly) but certainly the lodgers were making themselves at home.
I knew the two 47kg bottles of gas were near their end before I left, and they were indeed empty with the system switching over to the other two.
Ordered some gas. £187.00 for two bottles delivered.
Thats a lot of money to just burn.
But you gotta live.

Once unpacked I got a load of weekend laundry going and brought the complete 206CC interior into the house as some of it needs cleaning up a bit.

The rear seat base needs a small repair right where the seatbelt anchor exits from the floor.

At £60.00 plus maybe £15.00 for the 100 mile detour to collect them…….

I still think it’s a bargain to replace the very badly damaged drivers seat.

Fix will be simple.

Unless I find a base for silly money like £20.00 then I don’t plan to do the repair.

Mate Martin said he would come over one day to neutralise the airbag sensors with a couple of resistors soldered into the system.

The front seats are immaculate

Treasure laid out.

Vax wet n dry for a couple of spots.

I also want to start valeting the green Toad interior as it can do with a good scrub down and baseline clean up of dash, controls and interior glass.

Then, weather permitting the wash and polish of the outside.

Frosty today.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote