View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #12

Re: Rebuilding Vent Windows, How To...

Well, both doors are now complete. Every seal, piece of rubber and weather strip on the truck has been replaced. I went ahead and repainted all of the plastic trim and door panels inside the cab as well....But that is a whole separate thread....

The knowledge from completing the drivers side first greatly reduced the work time on the passenger side. If I had to do another truck from start to finish, I could probably have both doors done in 3 hours or less. And NO, this is not an advertisement!!

I took pictures from start to finish on the passenger side and I am working on posting pictures with a tutorial. I will have it completed and posted in the next few days.

I am pretty satisfied with the outcome, and the wind noise is nearly non-existent. I am sure these trucks had some minor wind noise when new because of the design. I think it is time for some new window motors though. I know window operation will get better once everything settles in place and takes shape, but they are SLOW!

I'll post some final pictures with freshly painted trim and new rubber soon.

1984 GMC Sierra Classic-1/2 ton-SWB (R.I.P.)
1986 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
2014 GMC Sierra LTZ Z-71 Crew SWB
1425956 is offline   Reply With Quote