View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 10:27 PM   #9
JJH Jimmy

Re: Who makes new/aftermarket 4x4 frames?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratenation View Post
Edit: Mark at Motor City k5 said 20k for frame only, pictures, info and options should be posted this week or next.

Thanks, I have talked to Mark before about fuel lines for my LS swap and other items. I'll reach out to him after I have confirmed with my restoration shop that is media blasting the frame next week.
Hopefully Mark's frame will be a little better price point since it looks like his frame is pretty close to factory setup. Did he give out any info on price point of what all comes with it? Would be nice to have a frame only option for people not wanting to have over 100k invested into their blazer.

Roadster Shop's Legend series frame is 30k starting and is meant for LT1 & LT4 engine and has IFS along with a ton of other expensive items added to it. I know its a incredible setup but anyone using their chassis is pushing 150-200k+ on their build/restoration.

TCI's chassis is gonna be around 32K w/solid front axle, 4-link front and rear, D44 front & D60 rear, disk brakes both axles, 12" of travel, king shocks w/resi and will have use Atlas transfer case. They will do SBC, BBC, LS and LT engine mounts, choice of gearing for axles (can't confirm but they offer that on their 2wd's) and they are willing to do some changes beyond what they have listed as options.

Special Blend Motor Garage's K5 chassis is 60k but all you have to do is put the body on the frame. Its comes with 525hp ls3, 6l80E, fully dressed holley acc drive and vintage coil covers, gm factory height suspension (IFS), disc brakes, hydroboost and master cylinder, full stainless AN brake lines, Full new engine & trans wire harness, New American autowire harness installed and fuel system- fuel cell, pump & regulator (AN or hardline).
They have a ton of additional options to, all the way up to a K20 HD Duramax-Allison powertrain w/ 2500HD chassis (25k).
For those prices I would be taking a ride out west to find a blazer frame or a truck frame to cut down.
2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
JJH Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote