View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 11:12 PM   #12
Willowrun

Re: 72 Blazer project. OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
All I can say is WHY !!!!! Why would you get rid of a dana 44 front differential, a 205 transfer case, a 12 bolt rear differential and a stout frame and put that independent front suspension crap, an all wheel drive t-case and a cheesy 10 bolt rear differential under it. sure it'll ride better but in my opinion it would have been smarter to leave the stock running gear under it, maybe throw the 6.0 with a 4L80 adapted to the 205 t-case, then it would have a cool factor. we repair that independent garbage at work all the time especially when they are lifted with mombo rims and tires, 10 bolt rear diffs with that wonderful gov lock carrier-i've seen the split right in half. i'll probably piss off a few people with my comments but in my opinion he f%^&ed up what could have been a really nice blazer.
Agree. If I wanted IFS and modern road manners I'll just drive my beater equinox.

To each their own of course, but my opinion is to just let them be an old truck (or K5) and retain the original character.
Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote