Thread: 67 Camaro Build
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 06:47 PM   #351
regan wilson

Re: 67 Camaro Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
Thanks CG, I’m glad you’re enjoying the build. It’s fun going back and putting words to the pictures, telling The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly story "ah ee ah ee ah wah wah wah".

It is surprising how much Camaro shells can bring, and the lengths folks will go to save them. The good thing is it’s made for a stronger aftermarket for not only the Camaro but most muscle cars from the big three. I hope it continues and as David Freiburger says “Gasoline Forever”!

One shifter piece that always seems to be missing is this little plastic flange bearing, they get brittle over time and disintegrate. When that happens the pull-up trigger rod will rub against the stick so it's metal on metal, it ruins the rod over time and is noticeable when using the shifter. Found a very close replacement on ebay (link), just remove the locator tab and it’s a good match. With a lot of 50, we now have several lifetimes of replacements. https://www.ebay.com/itm/262376570626
Nice progress Mr Shifter Hoarder. I dig the GBU cartoon as well. Keep up the good work.