View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 11:48 AM   #121
Just-in-credible

Re: 1960 Apache K10 build

The next thing on the list to tackle is the Exhaust.

The astute readers out there will ask themselves ‘Why didn’t you do the exhaust when you had it all apart…Wouldn’t that have been far easier?’

Well, yes and no. Yes, some parts would have been easier. But at the same time, I didn’t want to make a really nice exhaust, and have it hit something down the road. I am trying to tuck everything up nice and tidy, so nothing hangs below the frame. And I am also trying to make it easy to take it apart. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I generally find that I have a lot of things that I need to fix or do on these things, and it is usually so much easier without exhaust pipes in the way. My plan was to make the whole exhaust system out of 3” stainless, and have it all held together with V band style flanges. It should be easy to take apart, and it should be less prone to leaking than the traditional header flanges.

I had ordered the parts years ago. So I wasn’t really sure what I had. I Got a set of Texas speed headers that were made for the 2006 tahoe. And I had a stainless flowmaster universal fit system. And I had ordered some flowmaster 50 delta flows. I really like the sound of the flowmaster 50’s on my other truck, so I figured I would give them a try. Turns out that the mufflers I ordered were not stainless, but that isn’t the end of the world.

I also had a Magnaflow x pipe. I have never run an X pipe before, so I decided to try one out on this one and see what I think.

I am making the system welded together from the x pipe forwards, and clamp together from the x pipe back. I want to be able to easily try it with and without the x pipe, and I might even try a few different muffler combinations and see what I like best. And when I find something that I Really like, I will weld it all together.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=824325
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote