View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 12:40 PM   #735
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Part of yesterday’s zero emissions progress was another one of @nickwheeler ‘s crafty longterm ideas.

The Mini heater box, fan and matrix from the original kit car was one speed and no more than lukewarm.

Where as it was mentioned that the MX5 heater was a furnace and also 4 speed

So dismantling to the sum of its parts, discarding 50% of the useless bulk and redesigning the blower box, exit vents and matrix positioning could lead to a win.

So while I searched for a ready made solution (think random discarded containers) Nick grabbed some pizza cardboard box, scissors and masking tape.

He won………..

Further fine tuning and fitting needed.

Also the transmission tunnel needs a hefty chunk of surgery and sculpting to allow the blower to fit under the scuttle and behind the firewall.

More added to the list of tasks.

Today the power is still out and no prospect of a repair today either. A freezer load of food to be discarded.

Not impressed with that at all.

But apparently we are not a priority.

So this morning I cleaned up the carport area after the storm yesterday.

Of course the wind and rain waited just for that point where I was done, to start all over again.

So now it is cold, wet, windy and raining outside.

But earlier on I did make it down there to remove the front wheels as I want new valves fitted that were not done when the tyres got fitted as the plan was blasting and painting.

While I was there I decided to clean up and reset the tie rod ends as the front end was way out of line.

New short term lodger John came down when he got up to see what I was up to.
He is a Trike rider and builder having a full strength V-MAX based trike. He lost a leg at at age 24 in a motorcycle accident when he was T-Boned and had a high thigh amputation.
He works as a driving instructor and has a keen mechanical eye.
Nice guy to have about too.

So an extra pair of hands to hold a twin pair of vice grips on the steering rod.

I also cleaned up the threads on both sides so the steering toe in could be fine tuned once the car is completed.

Once the threads were done and reassembled I fitted the space savers so the wheels can get taken to the tyre shop.

Military spec?

Rake.

Now sitting indoors with a drink and a fire warning my heatless, cold, dark house.

Anyone know a main grid electrical man or woman.

Get me some electricity

And internet.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote