View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 03:28 PM   #750
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Short night.

Woke knackered.

Bloody war in Ukraine has people behaving like idiots.

Sally could not get fuel on the way to work at 05.00 so texted me to go get her some petrol in case things turned silly again.

So I took the diesel company car, with less than 100 miles range left. And my days are a minimum of 65 miles.and a couple of Jerry cns.

Got to the gas station…… No Diesel.

So I went home, got the S10 and the Jerry cans and headed back, £108 later I had 25 litres for Sally, and the truck filled as it was also on empty.

Got back home around 09.30 and had breakfast and read a bit, before going to the garage, before I stepped out the house Nick arrived.

So another coffee, checking manuals and creating a shopping list of bits to purchase.

While indoors I ordered a set of 7 inch LED headlights. For the car too.

Looking forward to seeing them.

Then down to the garage.

First job was to drill the chassis and lay the two nylon fuel lines, and the rear brake line that @nickwheeler had made up and laid.

Chassis clips ordered last week, to be collected.

Drilling with 5mm and then an 8mm drill meant I could get the fuel lines sorted pretty quickly.

Fuel lines laid, bit invisible against the black chassis.

Nick also connected them to the front end at the engine.

Another of many small jobs was to drill through to the rear for the rear wiring looms, they will be fed through on ground level, Nick sorted that while I was drilling the chassis.

And then of course the transmission tunnel needed to be cut to allow the blower unit to fit.

Resulting in a huge hole.

So the next job on this will be making it fit, then closing the transmission tunnel again when I do the fiberglass work on the floor, tunnel and a few other spots.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote