View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 01:45 PM   #6
NDM

Re: 6l90E 2wd 36 spline to 4X4 NP205 27 spline drive coupling idea???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
The 6L90 in the ZL1 came with a 32 spline output, it is available. A 32 spline female input gear is available. As my motor and trans is from a ZL1, used the Advance kit and it bolted together with a bit of trimming on the output shaft and 32 spline input to t-case. Understand wanting to keep stock stuff intact, do this myself. Had to really think about whether I would have the time, resources or ability in the future to return my truck to stock. For me the answer is no. I still have my stock transfercase as I had my dad's original case bored for the larger female input bearing. Wanted to keep mine for spare parts, do not see it ever going back in the truck. There are some pictures of the install in my build thread. Back of the 6L90 transmission needs two plugs and a seal installed once the tailhousing is removed to hold the oil in it. The adapter runs dry.
You are right but I just got it into my head that one day this truck may be a smoking hot buy in it's original form. I guess I am just being goofy about it. I will look for another case that is possibly already 32 spline.

Truth be told, I did not even want a 4x4. I found my Blazer and planned to convert to 2wd and autocross style. Somehow, I have grown to love the thing up high. I then started to think about the utility of having it as 4x4 and still having the buttload of power that I am going to put in it. I picture driving in the mountains and sand near my parent's property in Arizona. There is plenty of desert fun to be had. 34.732789992951936, -114.09279412633629

If I can work out retaining 4wd I will but I could also either do lifted 2wd as a prerunner style or drop it down low as a track star. Whichever way I go, I have a feeling that I will love it for many years to come. This is in fact my "Bucketlist Blazer".
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote