Thread: LT1 GenV swap
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #59
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: LT1 GenV swap

Got the power steering mocked up. Just need to cut out the front bracket and triple check the last changes. Just need to draw up the spacers and have the a machine shop make em

Pretty satisfied with the look, incorporated an idler just to get more belt wrap on the crank. I might make the decorative holes a touch smaller but there there for the artistic touch.
Pump is placed lower than the highest point of the intake, and as close to the block as possible.. almost like a ls 5.3.

Got a promising 6 rib tensioner, research paid off so far, it's identical to the HD version mentioned earlier but only 6 rib width. Ironically uses the same pulley as the LT.. I could go as far as testing the tension by hanging weight from the pulley just to see since I plan to make 5 sets of these brackets and sell 4 of them.

Alternator bracket nearing completion.

Header flange is almost mapped out, just need to adjust 1 port.. seems easy but takes many prints to get it exactly spot on, like the water pump adapters. Close is good, exact is better

Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote