View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 08:31 PM   #35
landarts
landarts

Re: Super Cheyenne aka the "Devil Cowboy"

Got the firewall with the first coat of primer on it and does not need too much to get it ready for some medium blue paint. firewalls are not my favorite thing to work on because they just have really weird shapes and are usually filthy from years of housing the motor and road grime. Anyway, I am sure it will look great after the paint goes on.

Also was able to strip the other fender on the drinker's side. It also took about twenty to twenty-five minutes with the Eastwood SCT tool and an 80-grit drum on it. The drinker side fender also was in great shape with no rust and just a few surface dings. The captain side fender and also no rust, a few dings and a dent just above and forward of the marker light, but not to the end where the fender body line is. I pounded that out as much as possible with a hammer and dolly-off method. That just about got it, but not quite there. Pulled out the stud gun and put three studs in the middle of the low spots and worked them with the Steck Stud lever. That did the trick and finished up with a little slapping spoon. The Steck Stud lever has been a game-changer tool for me on working dents. It allows for adjusting the fulcrum and how much pressure you can ease out the dent, and if there is some spring back you can keep going.

Now these fenders are pretty close to getting epoxy primer next with the core support and inner fenders. More to come on that process.

Pic 1 - Firewall with some primer on it
Pic 2 - Captain side fender with the whamo on the front top fender
Pic 3 - Captain fender with the three studs and Steck Lever
Pic 4 - Drinker side fender with the dings fixed a filler primed
Pic 5 - 1972 Light Yellow K10 I just purchased out of Montana, heading to the stable next week.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote