View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #450
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

I appreciate the sympathy guys. We've all had those OH CRAP moments so it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one. Misery loves company as Mom used to say.

I went down to the trim shop this morning to deliver the power window switch retainers that arrived in the mail yesterday. No pictures though. The guy that's been working on the wagon has been sick since last Thursday. Jeff was quick to say it isn't Covid and he expects him back tomorrow. However, he'll be off all next week on vacation, so that sets the schedule back as well.

With the fan shroud project pretty much complete, I decided to make a run at salvaging the grille bar. Figured I didn't have anything to lose if I screwed it up. I'd just paint it body color if I had to. So I used 1000 grit wet or dry paper and a soft pad to knock down the worst of the orange peel, then followed that with 1500 paper. Used a 3" orbital with a foam pad to polish it out. It looks better than it did - which isn't saying a lot. But it's worth installing it to see how it looks once the front clip is all together. I can make a final decision then.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote