View Single Post
Old 10-22-2022, 07:12 PM   #39
dsraven

Re: Are Ingersoll Rand good air compressors?

you might try garnet in the blaster. it was recommended to me from the guy who sells sand blaster sand. he said the garnet doesn't powderize right away so it lasts longer and so less fine particulate in the air inside the blaster which ,akes it easier to see.
my cabinet blaster like that one now has a vacuum connected to the outlet port with a cyclone affair that helps drop out the particulate before it gets to the vacuum. works great. i also modded the pick up tube and lowered the screen floor inside the blaster so a larger piece could be put inside. the vacuum also helps you get the gloves on if you turn the vac on with the door closed the gloves get sucked inside and fully open for you to easily slip your hand in.
there are a few mods on the net to show how to make the blaster better. I am thinking about the mod that puts the sand and air mixing below the chute at the bottom, in the little door to empty the sand, and then have a foot pedal to supply the air. that seems to work well by the news on the net, lol.
I was so excited to get a big compressor as well. mine is an IR 5 hp 2 stage.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote