View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #46
dsraven

Re: Are Ingersoll Rand good air compressors?

a couple of small LED flood lights in the upper rear corners really help to see things too. I have a cheap princess auto metal version, princess auto is Canadian version of harbor freight, I lowered the grill in the floor and modified the pick up tube for better suction. added the lights and it is twice as good as before. the size of the nozzle is important, mine came with a fairly small nozzle so a larger one was installed and that works better. I also added a blow gun to the inside on a coiled hose so the parts and the door area can be blown off prior to opening the door. I have a vacuum connected to mine so I leave that on until after the door is open after blasting, then the sand particles get sucked into the cabinet instead of falling out on the floor. I have a dust deputy cyclone style seperator inline on the vacuum and that catches most of the dust so the vacuum, a residential built in style I got for free, doesn't get plugged so fast. there are plastic sheets you can install on the inside that protect the glass, or whatever you are using for a window.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote