View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 11:25 AM   #1
rbruno68

Hank - 63 C10 Build

Hell All,
Here is Hank, my 63 C10 that I am starting with my build project. I am hoping to add to the great build threads that I have followed on the site. By trade, I work for our local school system so I am not an expert. But, I have worked and messed around with cars and trucks for a long time. I haven't been involved in a build for a long time, so this is a chance for me to get back to one of the things I have always enjoyed.

My plan for Hank is nothing to radical, just want to have a sound and fun driver. I am not going to say I am building a patina truck because I would like to some day paint it. But, for now it will just be a little easier to not do much body work which is going to be a stretch for my skill set.

I am hoping to have him back on the road and drivable in a year. That might be tough, but that is what I am going for.

The plan is to remove the body and strip him down to the frame. I want to make sure everything underneath is sound and rebuilt. I will be replacing ball joints and the rest of the suspension pieces as well as add disc brakes up front. He will have a 350 that is already complete and dyno and a 4 speed Muncie. Since he will be an around the town cruiser, I am going with a 4:10 posi so he will have some get up and go.

Once I get all that part done, I plan to put the body back on and fixed body issues as I go. Might not be the best plan and I am sure it would be better to do those things while it is all apart, but I am more interested in driving Hank and fixing as I go. There will be some body work to be done before the sheet metal goes back on, but I will still have more to go.

I plan to Youtube the build as well because why not right? Plus it will help me remember the tear down part which will be helpful for me. I am not there yet as far as the video part, but hopefully will get better at that too.

I tried to upload pictures, but got a "security token" error message. But I will keep trying. Any advice for upload pictures would be great.

I am sure I will be asking a lot of question to the forum. So, here I go...
Rob
rbruno68 is offline   Reply With Quote