View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #176
Will206

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
All you need is a factory hydroboost mounting plate for a '73-'86 C/K or a '87-'91 R/V truck, Suburban or Blazer. Then just remove the factory '99 mounting bracket and install the earlier one. As for connecting to the pedal, some fabrication may be needed. I'm not sure as I have not done anything like this. It would likely be a whole lot easier to just get a '73-'86 C/K or '87-'92 R/V hydroboost and bolt it up.
I'm kinda limited in terms of selection, I'm out in the middle of nowhere South Dakota, so my primary resource is the internets. I sourced that unit on eBay for $99 bucks, in an effort to save a bit. I'm not too concerned about the pedal situation, I'm going to thread the rod and put an adjustable linkage to the pedal, I may have to modify its connecting location as well because I think the geomtry is a bit different.

I've never seen the bracket for sale by itself, which I think would look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/HUH6U

I could buy the pump with the plate for $180+$60 core+ I'd still need the proper res and I think the pedal is still wrong so I'd have to modify that or replace it as well.

If you happen to know where to locate a plate like that, awesome. Otherwise perhaps you could just sell me the plate and the bracket sans mounting holes, I could drill them myself.
Will206 is offline   Reply With Quote