View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 01:17 AM   #177
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hydroboost Mounting Plates

Yes that is what the correct mounting plate looks like. Have you checked the '73-'87 classifieds here on the forum for a hydroboost? If you were to purchase a rebuilt hydroboost for a '89 V2500 from your local auto parts store, it should come with the bracket.

Of the 3 standard booster brackets I make, I don't know if any of them would work in your application. I do not drill any holes. All of my parts are CNC laser cut, which includes all the holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will206 View Post
I'm kinda limited in terms of selection, I'm out in the middle of nowhere South Dakota, so my primary resource is the internets. I sourced that unit on eBay for $99 bucks, in an effort to save a bit. I'm not too concerned about the pedal situation, I'm going to thread the rod and put an adjustable linkage to the pedal, I may have to modify its connecting location as well because I think the geomtry is a bit different.

I've never seen the bracket for sale by itself, which I think would look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/HUH6U

I could buy the pump with the plate for $180+$60 core+ I'd still need the proper res and I think the pedal is still wrong so I'd have to modify that or replace it as well.

If you happen to know where to locate a plate like that, awesome. Otherwise perhaps you could just sell me the plate and the bracket sans mounting holes, I could drill them myself.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote