View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

the dimmer switch is a pre wired plug, so that was easy. i moved onto the headlight switch, where this gets confusing. i need to state first, when running the rear light section, the dome light was included, but only had the one white wire. there was an orange wire, but it was labeled "third brake light", which i left up in the wiring cavity since i wont use it.

so heres where im at. the headlight switch i ordered through gmpauls for a 67. the first picture is the diagram that came with the kit. the second pic is the actual headlight switch i have that i ordered for a 67. the third pic is what a 68 and newer switch looks like i believe. after googling for a few hours i believe i have it figured out, except for the dome wiring.

if you look at the 1st pic from the harness wiring diagram, i will need to splice the red power wire and run a jumper to the top right terminal, no problem. and looking at this youtube video from American Auto Wire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlzdq2nVCcE
i can move the "LF Park brown wire" to the top left terminal on the switch to make it where the parking lights stay ON when the headlights come on...i think.

now, for the dome wire, i dont see any wire for it in the "dash section". stock wiring has orange and white wire plug. my harness only has the white wire labeled "dome". so what i was thinking was soldering a wire from the orange dome light wire on the roof (stock 2 wire harness, orange wire and white wire), run it back down the pillar and hook it to the "dome return" from the original diagram. would this work?

after this ill be on to the brake switch as that is confusing as well lol

i will de pin my original truck harness to use the factory plug.
Attached Images

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 06-20-2022 at 07:52 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote