View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 11:44 PM   #6
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

few things before I head to bed.

my 67 is a dash ignition like yours, but the universal harness wiring is too short to loop over the column....which is why I'm thinking it's for a column ignition.

the brake switch is a later model 4 prong, since my engine is an LS motor. it's need a 4 prong for the TCC lockup

I realize the dome light has an orange and white from the factory, and one of them is a power, the other a ground (going back to the headlight switch). my new harness dome lighting only has 1 wire which is the white wire labeled "dome". I'm assuming that one is the power wire. so since the harness only has a power wire, could I not run my own wire from.the dome plug back to the "dome return" on the headlight switch? which is basically a ground. from your diagram, original wiring has orange as hot, white ground. mine has the white as power. so I would be connecting my new harness white, to the dome light plug orange. then making my own ground wire back to the switch.

I ordered my headlight switch, dimmer switch, windshield washer switch, and ignition switch through gmcpauls for a 67.

tomorrow morning I'll look for the ignition wire diagram I found to wire it how I have it. someone posted it on here years ago and I copied it

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote