View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:04 PM   #7
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

ok just got off work so have a little time to mess with it.

i bought the 4 prong brake switch because the TCC lockup needs a signal from the brake switch. so that is wired with the white and orange wires on one plug, the TCC wire from the LS harness, and a 12 volt on the other prong. the white wire is labeled "brake switch", the orange isnt labeled but has "- - - - -" on it...so im assuming its a ground. its the only wire in the whole harness that has this.

now, back to the ignition switch. i found a thread a while back that discussed this.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=500794&page=2

i think what confuses a lot of people, including myself, is when using these universal kits, with original style switches...it gets harder. we try to match how the factory wired them up vs what the actual wires in the kit have and their crappy universal diagrams. i wired this one exactly like the thread i found. i will be using the column neutral safety switch as well, which also will need wired up, but i want to stick to one thing at a time unless it interferes with something else (like which wire gets snipped to add the neutral safety switch in between??)

i also wanted to add, i will not be using a circuit board for the cluster. i will retrofit the electric s10 speedo into the stock dash, add a voltmeter, use the stock mechanical oil gauge, stock temp gauge, adding a tach, all in the stock cluster.

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 06-23-2022 at 04:18 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote