View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 09:04 AM   #17
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

that's what I was thinking. but I have a bunch of wires that go to the engine bay area that I'm either not going to use, or will maybe route to something else. i.e. choke wire. I'm out of town now but will back later today to look at them. one is a purple solenoid wire though I believe.

I got the rear tail lights mostly in their resting places. had to lengthen just about all of them though. that rear harness has a blank yellow wire that when I traced back to the fuse block, it was tapped together with the choke wire that goes to the engine bay. I just taped it up in the harness and left it.

I will try to get those soldered to the rear tail light plugs and then get back to the dash wiring, starting with the headlight switch again. using my 67 switch that I bought, I'm hoping wiring it like I said above will work. I already have the switch and it's new, so I don't mind making the jumper wire. it's the dome return that was confusing me since this ez wiring harness doesn't have a ground return from the dome lamp back to the headlight switch

thanks for yalls help. I know I ask a lot of questions but I really want to do this once and not worry about my truck burning down one day

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote