View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:08 AM   #233
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

No you do not HAVE TO use a '88-'98 booster. There are many, many, many compatible boosters most of which are listed in post #218 of this for sale thread. An even more expanded list of compatible boosters is included with every booster bracket.

If you are staying with a drum/drum braking system, then I would use the '68 booster and master. If you are upgrading to a disc/drum braking system, I would choose a different booster and master. Also you do not have to use the master that originally came on a given booster. You just need to use one that is compatible with both your braking system and the booster. The early boosters such as your '68 booster, have the long intermediate pushrod for a master with a deep bore master piston. The later model boosters use a short intermediate pushrod for the shallow bore master pistons. That is basically just a dimple in the back of the piston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downbytheriver View Post
I'm adding power brakes on my 68...i have a 68 booster, but if i use your bracket, would i need one an 88 and up booster?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote