Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 12:46 PM   #1244
pdxhall

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Took a trip this weekend to hang out with a bunch of my college buddies, so of course I had to take my favorite road trip vehicle. Stopped at one of my favorite BBQ restaurants in Winder, GA: Smokin Po-Boys. Definitely would recommend stopping there if you find yourself in Winder.

I did start hearing a funky, intermittent rattling noise at idle, however, but didn’t check it out until I got home. Found out Sunday after getting home that I apparently didn’t tighten the crank pulleys enough. One of the bolts decided to exit the vehicle. Down one bolt and missing a smidge of material on the remaining two, I did the right thing and stole the pulley bolts from Penny. I also finally added a harmonic dampener bolt by stealing the one off Penny. The bolt seemed just a smidge too long, so I went on the hunt for a shorter bolt. Finally found one just right but it was dark by the time I got back. Finished putting everything back together after work today and all seems back to normal. I’ve already got new bolts for Penny in the Summit Racing cart that I’ve been putting together.
Did you put some Loctite on those bolts?

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote