View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 02:48 PM   #15
biketopia

Re: Powering up my LQ9

I would give Summit Racing a call. Their Pro LS line of parts are top notch and their cams are no slouches and really hard to beat for the money.

The truck intake is one of best factory intakes out there, period, unless you upgrade to a the TBSS/NNBS intake. A FAST intake is going to cost you around $1000, for 20HP...

Don't get hung up on a dyno number, LS make great power, but they hit those big numbers WAY up in the RPM range. Be honest with yourself about the goals and use of the truck. Have you driven a non ABS/TC Stability Control truck with 450-500hp at the tires on the street? It can be a handful real quick and make the truck not enjoyable on the street. My old camaro makes 510ish at the crank, needed close to 4k stall...rowdy and not as fun to drive as I thought it would be.

450HP at the crank is easily obtainable with a cam, mild head porting and a good tune, or swap a known cam in to ease your worry, an Ebay turbo and have 700hp without changing anything else besides injectors and fuel pump.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote