View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 04:03 PM   #228
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

As you might imagine, I'm getting a little impatient with my "semi-retired" engine builder. He's a great guys with decades of engine building experience for hot rods, race cars, Bonneville competitors, and normal street engines. For a guy that is retired, he seems to have a lot on his plate.

As a result, while I've heard from him that he working on a plan, no real progress on my end has been forthcoming. The engine sits on the same engine stand I bolted it to many weeks ago. My best friend and the guy who sold me the truck has continued his suggestions for either an LS or a small block, which I have resisted for multiple reasons. I recently was told that there are companies that sell re-manufactured straight six engines. If I could get a 261 inline six, I could continue to use my McCulloch supercharger, bell housing and Saginaw four-speed transmission. So far in all my searching I've not found a 261, but I plan on calling a couple of the companies that Ive found with other straight sixes. Anyone aware of companies that I should contact?

Admittedly, this is Plan B as I'd still like to have this engine repaired, but I'm getting impatient........

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote