View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 08:13 PM   #237
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

I know it has been a few weeks since I had an update on my engine issue and I thought I give a one now. After waiting weeks to hear from my semi-retired local engine builder for a plan (he was searching for the tools needed to work on my engine). I found a shop in California that not only had the tools necessary but 1) he is convinced that he can either repair my cracked end cap, or 2) make the replacement end cap I had sourced on eBay work, or 3) build me a new engine from one of the several 261 blocks that he acquired.

As a result, I waited another week for my local buddy to get back to me after I sent him a text, then finally I made the decision to load my engine block and associated parts (pistons, lifters, push rods, water pump, intake/carb, magneto, etc onto a pallet and today I shipped the whole kit and caboodle to him.

He expects to start work on it the first week of April and told me to expect four to six weeks for the the whole cleaning, machining, repair, paint, and rebuild. He also will put the engine on a test stand and set the timing, valve clearances, and test the engine for leaks.

It will cost a bit more than I had hoped but from the look at other engines he rebuilt and sent me pictures of, I'm excited to get a rebuilt engine (hopefully my original block) back into the truck finally. More to come as I get updates. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."

Last edited by TX3100Guy; 03-19-2024 at 08:18 PM.
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote